Five Best Songs: The Supremes

    I'm going to stick my neck out a bit here.  You've noticed I haven't untertaken the Five Best Songs for any of the real superstars.  The truth is that there are so many great songs by the Supremes that your Top Five is going to look different than mine.  The group for a long, long time was third in the Rock Era with 12 #1's.  I'm basing this solely on performance at the time and relevance today.  I'm going to preface this Top Five with a disclaimer that I wanted to include "Reflections" because it was such an innovative song.  Motown bought one of the first 10 Moog synthesizers in the world, and this song was the first (hit) to include a synthesizer.  "Honorable Mention" goes to "You Can't Hurry Love", "Where Did Our Love Go", "Come See About Me" and "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone".

    1.  "Love Child"
    2.  "Stop!  In the Name of Love"
    3.  "Baby Love (their biggest hit at the time)
    4.  "You Keep Me Hangin' On"
    5.  "Someday, We'll Be Together"

    Source URL: http://acsblogrock.blogspot.com/2011/06/five-best-songs-supremes.html
    Visit You Tube Music Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive