Songs That Changed the World: The Most Important Songs of the Rock Era: "People Got to Be Free" by the Rascals

    Another of the true greatest songs of the Rock Era with great lyrics and great music.  Like other members of The Most Important Songs of the Rock Era*, it extols the virtue of getting along with our fellow men and women.  And if we all had this attitude, the world would be a much better place.  It's so simple, it is.





    "People Got to Be Free" 
    by the Rascals


    All the world over, so easy to see 
    People everywhere just wanna be free 
    Listen, please listen, that's the way it should be 
    Peace in the valley, people got to be free
     
    You should see, what a lovely, lovely world this would be 
    If everyone learned to live together 
    It seems to me such an easy, easy thing this should be 
    Why can't you and me learn to love one another 

    All the world over, so easy to see 
    People everywhere just wanna be free 
    I can't understand it, so simple to me 
    People everywhere just got to be free 

    If there's a man who is down and needs a helping hand 
    All it takes is you to understand and to pull him through 
    Seems to me, we got to solve it individually 
    And I'll do unto you what you do to me 

    There'll be shoutin' from the mountains on out to sea 
    (out to the sea) 
    No two ways about it, people have to be free 
    (they got to be free) 
    Ask me my opinion, my opinion will be 
    (ah-ha) 
    It's a natural situation for a man to be free
     

    Get right on board now...


    Oh, what a feelin's just come over me 
    Enough to move a mountain, make a blind man see 
    Everybody's dancin', come on, let's go see 
    Peace in the valley, now they want to be free 



    See that train over there?
    That's the train of freedom
    It's about to ride any minute now
    You know it's a long, long overdue
    Look out cause it's-a-comin' right on through.Source URL: http://acsblogrock.blogspot.com/2011/09/songs-that-changed-world-most-important_05.html
    Visit You Tube Music Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive