Songs That Changed the World--The Most Important Songs of the Rock Era: "The House of the Rising Sun" by the Animals

    To be fair, this song had been done before but you'd never know it from this performance as the Animals made it their own.  Looking back 47 years later, it is still unbelievable the talent that this group of young men had (they were all in their early twenties at the time of this song.)  Eric Burdon's piercing voice is amazing and Alan Price plays one of the best keyboard solos of the Rock Era.  If this doesn't cause every man to look at lifestyle changes, it's only because they're ignorant of the message.





    "The House of the Rising Sun"
    by the Animals

    There is a house in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun
    And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
    And God I know I'm one

    My mother was a tailor
    She sewed my new bluejeans
    My father was a gamblin' man
    Down in New Orleans

    Now the only thing a gambler needs
    Is a suitcase and trunk
    And the only time he's satisfied
    Is when he's on a drunk

    [Organ Solo]

    Oh mother tell your children
    Not to do what I have done
    Spend your lives in sin and misery
    In the House of the Rising Sun

    Well, I got one foot on the platform
    The other foot on the train
    I'm goin' back to New Orleans
    To wear that ball and chain

    Well, there is a house in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun
    And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
    And God I know I'm one 
    Source URL: http://acsblogrock.blogspot.com/2011/09/songs-that-changed-world-most-important_27.html
    Visit You Tube Music Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive