Songs That Changed the World--The Most Important Songs of the Rock Era: "Put Your Hand in the Hand" by Ocean

    Canada's Ocean put this song out at a time when the baby boomer generation was beginning to reach a new level of consciousness and wanting to discover what really mattered.  The timeless message "Put Your Hand in the Hand" is every bit as relevant as a new generation tries to figure out the world.




    "Put Your Hand in the Hand"
    by Ocean


    Words and Music by Gene MacLellan

    Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the waters
    Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
    Take a look at yourself and you can look at the others differently
    By puttin' your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee

    Every time I look into the Holy Book I wanna tremble
    When I read about the part where a carpenter cleared the temple
    For the buyers and the sellers were no different fellers than what I confess to be
    And it causes me shame to know we're not the people we should be
    Put your hand in the hand...

    My Mama taught me how to pray before I reached the age of seven

    She said 'There'll come a time when there'll probably be room in heaven'
    But I'm feeling kinda' guilty 'bout the number of times we do what we must do
    We forget what He said when we figured that he'd still make room


    Put your hand in the hand...
    Put your hand in the hand...
    Put your hand in the hand..
    Source URL: http://acsblogrock.blogspot.com/2011/09/songs-that-changed-world-most-important_4370.html
    Visit You Tube Music Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive